October 21, 2016
Nearly 400,000 (376,511) households switched electricity supplier in September 2016. This is a 21% increase compared to September 2015; and brings the total number of switches to over three million (3,377,317) so far this year.
Energy UK's latest electricity switching data also shows that over 70,000 customers switched to a smaller supplier last month. This is 19% of all switches.
Lawrence Slade, chief executive of Energy UK, said:
"I urge everyone to spend a few minutes to make sure they are on the best deal before winter hits. Join millions of people that have already saved hundreds of pounds so far in 2016. Deals are coming to an end every month so don't miss out on over 100 deals under £1,000.
The energy market is more competitive than it has ever been. With over 40 suppliers in the market and with the Energy Switch Guarantee in place customers should reap the benefits."
If you're on one of the following tariffs then it will end on the 31st of October:
• Co-operative Energy Fair & Square October 2016 - Paperless
• First Utility Energylinx Collective Switch October 2016 - Paperless
• First Utility iSave Fixed October 2016 (v28) - Paperless
• First Utility iSave Fixed October 2016 - Paperless
• First Utility iSave Fixed October 2016 v2 - Paperless
• First Utility The Big Deal October 2016 - Paperless
• Flow Energy Connect 2 - Paperless
• Flow Energy Connect 3 - Paperless
• npower Fixed Energy Online October 2016 - Paperless
• npower Online Price Fix October 2016 - Paperless
• Sainsbury's Energy Fixed Price October 2016 - Paper and Paperless
• Sainsbury's Energy Price Freeze October 2016 - Paper and Paperless
• Sainsbury's Energy Price Promise October 2016 - Paper and Paperless
• ScottishPower Online Fixed Price Energy October 2016 - Paperless
Posted on October 21, 2016 at 01:40 PM