Energylinx News

March 2011 Monthly Archive

March 29, 2011

Euro Millions or Energy Savings at Energylinx?

You have a 1 in 16,143 chance to get 4 stars in the Euro Millions draw where the expected winnings would be £79.10 or you get a 1 in 1 chance with Energylinx to save £73.93* without even needing to change energy supplier.

What would you prefer?

Last Friday all eyes were on the two lucky winners walking away with £121 million between them, excitement was at an all-time high for those that bought a ticket right up until the moment the balls were drawn.

But what about the £480 million** of unclaimed energy savings that seems to be ignored?

Continue reading "Euro Millions or Energy Savings at Energylinx?"

March 28, 2011

Energy suppliers must provide 30 days advance notice of price increases

Ofgem has today confirmed new rules that mean energy suppliers must give consumers at least 30 days advance notice before putting up their prices.

The changes come into effect on 28 April 2011. This means that suppliers have 30 days in which to put these changes into practice.

Andrew Wright, Ofgem's Senior Partner for Markets, said Today's changes will again show that we are serious about making sure suppliers play it straight with consumers. We believe that 30 days advance notification of price increases, coupled with our new proposals for more transparency and an end to complex tariffs, will give consumers more power to make informed switching choices.

Continue reading "Energy suppliers must provide 30 days advance notice of price increases"

March 25, 2011

British Gas update electricity prices

If you live in London, Chester, Liverpool, Warrington, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling or Dumfries and are with British Gas on any of the following energy tariffs:

Standard
Online Saver
Online Saver 2
Online Saver 3
Future Energy
Future Energy Plus

Your domestic electricity prices have been updated today.

Continue reading "British Gas update electricity prices"

March 18, 2011

SSE launches iPhone app

We are hearing through various channels that SSE have launched an iPhone App designed to allow customers to check their energy accounts, submit meter readings and even pay bills

Apparently 2,000 existing customers have downloaded the App within the first month of launch. At the time of writing Energylinx has not had time to review the App itself but once we put it through its paces we will provide an overview as to how it compare with other energy supplier iPhone Apps

Continue reading "SSE launches iPhone app"

March 18, 2011

Platinum Fixed Energy January 2014 Offer from ScottishPower

ScottishPower have today, 18th March 2011, launched a new version of their Platinum Fixed Energy January 2014 Offer.

With Platinum Fixed Energy 2014 your energy prices are fixed to 31st January 2014. In addition you also get HomeComfort standard boiler care included until the end of the offer.

Continue reading "Platinum Fixed Energy January 2014 Offer from ScottishPower"

March 17, 2011

Atlantic Fixed Price 4 removed from sale

SSE has announced today that their Atlantic Fixed Price 4 is to be removed from sale to any new customers. The tariff had been launched on the 22nd February 201 and offered fixed prices for 12 months.

The tariff also came with mandatory paperless billing with access to your account 24/7, 365 days per year.

Continue reading "Atlantic Fixed Price 4 removed from sale"

March 17, 2011

Pocket Fixed tariff removed from sale

LoCo2 Energy has announced that their Pocket Fixed tariff has been removed from sale with immediate effect.

Pocket Fixed tariff was launched on the 1st January 2011 and was available as a brand new fixed rate fixed rate renewable energy tariff.

Pocket Fixed tariff comes from two sources. LoCo2 Energy will source at least 20% of PocketFixed’s supply from renewable sources. The remaining 80% will be sourced from good-quality CHP and natural gas.

Continue reading "Pocket Fixed tariff removed from sale"